If you want buyers’ hearts to beat faster when they see your home, avoid these five deadly home-showing mistakes.So you’re about to put your home on the market? In that case, I assume
5 Simple Ways to Fill a Big Empty Wall Space
If you have big empty spaces on your walls to fill, here are five fun ways to make a big splash without a lot of bank.
1. Create an abstract painting. Buy a large canvas, use your favorite colors, then do something fun, like a large flower, splashes of paint, chevrons, etc. Add a frame and it will look like you bought it at a home decor store. You can see how to make the painting shown below (1.) at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4EgmbYGGyU.
2. Super-enlarge a favorite photo. You can find many services online to blow up a favorite image. This image (2.) is from https://posterjack.com/blogs/inspiration/the-ultimate-guide-to-photo-enlargements.
3. Frame and group favorite calendar prints. Find a calendar with artwork or photos you love. Then cut them out and frame them. To display them, create groupings of three or more.
4. Paint a favorite quote or words directly onto your wall. If you can't paint well enough to make it look good, search wall lettering stencils or decals on Google.
5. Add a shallow shelf around the top of a room, a foot or two below the ceiling. Paint the wall above the shelf a contrasting color, or not. Then set album covers, books, or other decorative items on the shelf around the room. This is a great way to decorate a room with higher ceilings.
Latest Blog Posts
NOTE: If you’re planning to sell before Christmas 2019, then we need to get your home listed soon, maybe even right away. But if you have more time, here are some tips to think about:Choose